Make going back to school more fun with these cute cupcake toppers! Learn how to make edible rulers and books in these easy to follow steps!
What you will need:
- Green, White and Blue Sugar Paste
- Pallet Knife
- Rolling Pin
- Cocktail Stick
- Black gel colouring
1. Firstly roll out the green sugarpaste to make the ruler. Then using the pallet knife cut a rectangle. Dip a cocktail stick in the black gel colouring and mark lines on the ruler. Leave to one side to dry
2. Roll out the blue sugarpaste and using the pallet knife cut out a long rectangle. Then take the white sugarpaste and make a block with your fingers – this will become the pages of the book. Place the white block of sugarpaste on top of the blue sugarpaste on the right.
3. Bring the left side of the blue sugarpaste over the white blog to create a book. Cut the blue sugarpaste to size if needed.
4. To finish your cupcake simply pipe a swirl and place your ruler and book on top.