With spring here, what better time to make these cute little cupcake toppers with busy little bees on them! Follow these 6 simple steps to create your own!
What you will need:
- White modelling paste and Yellow Sugarpaste
- Edible Black Pen
- Flower Plunger
- Rolling Pin
- Edible Glue
- 5 Petal Cutter
- Circle Cutter
1. Roll out the white modelling paste to about 2mm thick and using the fluted edge of the circle cutter cut out a circle and place to one side to dry.
2. To make the bees wings, roll out the white modelling paste slightly thinner to aprox 1mm thick and using the 5 petal cutter, cut out a flower. Then cut off 2 of the petals and leave to dry.
3. Roll some of the yellow sugarpaste into a ball and using the edible black pen draw on some eyes and some black stripes to make the bee.
4. Use the edible glue to stick the wings onto the bumble bee when they have dried.
5. Roll out some of the yellow sugarpaste and then use the small flower plunger to cut out a flower.
6. Using the edible glue stick the bee onto the white plaque and draw on a dotted line with the edible black pen. Then stick the yellow flower at the end of the dotted line. Pipe a swirl onto your cupcake and place the bee plaque ontop.
Happy spring baking!