This Easter why not make your friends and family these cute hot cross bun cupcakes. No need to decide between cupcakes or hot cross buns, you can have your cake and eat it too!
What you will need:
- Light Brown, Dark Brown and White Sugarpaste
- Closed Star Nozzle
- Piping Bag
- Rolling Pin
- Edible Glue
- Round Cutter
1. Roll out the light brown sugarpaste to aproximately 2mm in thickness and use the circle cutter to cut out a circle. This should be slightly larger in size than the surface of your cupcake.
2. Using the closed star nozzle and piping pag, pipe some buttercream in the centre of your cupcake.
3. Place the light brown circle directly on top of the buttercream and use your fingers to gently bring it down in line with the cupcake case, making a dome.
4. Roll out the white sugarpaste and cut 2 thin strips. Then using the edible glue stick these onto the dome to make a cross.
6. Finally, use the edible glue to stick the currants onto the hot cross bun dome.
Happy Easter baking!