Batch baking is always a daunting task as doubling or even tripling a recipe feels like it could all go horribly wrong but with our tips you’ll breeze through making lots of cakes! Here are some tips to help you have a stress free baking experience!
- Read the recipe and calculate how much mixture you’re going to need in order to make the quantity of cakes you need but also how much of each ingredient you’ll need too! If you’re like me you’ll probably need to do some maths in your head or with a calculator and then write it all down on a piece of paper
- Get all your ingredients out and make sure that you have enough of each ingredient. There is nothing worse than realising half way through baking that you’ve run out of eggs or baking powder!
- Have all your tins ready, you’d be surprised how useful it is to have those extra baking trays and tins so what better excuse than to fill your cupboard with
- Get an oven thermometer to make sure that your oven is the temperature it should be
- Invest in some cooling racks. There are some fab stacking ones on the market which means you can stack them and save space
- Make what you can in advance so if you’re needing some buttercream or ganache make this the day before so that you can concentrate on the baking
Have you got any top tips? Let us know and happy baking!
For more baking tips and recipes why not try our Online Baking Bible with 27 pages, recipes, over 15 cake variations and buttercreams, hints, tips and photos for getting perfect cakes and cupcakes time and time again. You can view and buy here