We have a wide range of cake decoration classes to suit all levels, all held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, London. Whether you fancy learning something new for fun, you're new to cake decorating and want to learn new skills or you're a cake business owner and would like to take your skills to the next level we have something for you. Our friendly, relaxed and professional classes are held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, London and we want our guests to leave feeling inspired and with a whole host of new skills. All the equipment, materials and cakes are included in all our classes, you just need to bring yourself.
If there's something you're looking for that you can't see here, please get in touch as we run private classes and are constantly adding new group classes.
To see what our students say about our classes click here.
- This class has passed.
Starting A Cake Business SALE £99
10/08/2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£99.00
Have you ever wanted to ditch the 9 to 5 to start your own cake business, been made redundant and want to take this opportunity to start something up or have you started already and looking for help and advice? This class will guide you through all there is know about starting your cake business from home. After being made redundant from her marketing and PR job, Nathalie set up Rock Bakehouse and has a wealth of experience on starting out, running and growing a business successfully. From starting in her home kitchen to moving to commercial premises, Nathalie will share all her experiences with you over the day. You’ll meet like minded people and be able to ask all the questions you want in this one day class.
We will cover:
- Getting started – what you need to do before starting out
- Food safety and hygiene– what you need to do to make sure you’re registered correctly
- Setting up a business legally – sole trader, limited, partnership – as well as registering your business
- Websites – how to create one and what you need to consider
- Pricing –we will show you how to price your cakes correctly so that you make your business viable – this is key in your business and something many struggle with
- How to deal to customers, orders and consultations
- Balancing work and home life
- Marketing and social media – how to market your business and use social media
- And other things you’ll need to know to run a successful business
This will be a presentation led question and answer session where you can ask all the questions you like about starting your own business and any worries, concerns or questions you might have. Lunch will be provided as well as water, tea and coffee throughout the day. The class starts at 10am and will finish at approximately 4.30pm. You’ll also get a worksheet with details of all the information that we covered in the session.
Please check your diary – refunds or transfers are not available once payment is made. For further information please view our terms and conditions.