We have a wide range of cake decoration classes to suit all levels, all held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, London. Whether you fancy learning something new for fun, you're new to cake decorating and want to learn new skills or you're a cake business owner and would like to take your skills to the next level we have something for you. Our friendly, relaxed and professional classes are held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, London and we want our guests to leave feeling inspired and with a whole host of new skills. All the equipment, materials and cakes are included in all our classes, you just need to bring yourself.
If there's something you're looking for that you can't see here, please get in touch as we run private classes and are constantly adding new group classes.
To see what our students say about our classes click here.
- This class has passed.
Two Tier Sharp Edge SALE £130
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£110.00
Our popular two tier cake decorating class is a one day class where you will learn all there is know about tiered cakes. This class is suitable for intermediates who have some cake covering experience who would like to further their cake decorating skills and learn how to tier a cake correctly. We’ll also make a selection of sugar flowers as well as a plaque to create a stunning two tiered masterpiece. In this class you will learn:
- All about cakes and which ones are suitable for icing
- How to split, level, cut, fill and crumb coat your cake ready to be iced
- How to roll your icing and cover your cake so that you get a professional, neat and flawless finish
- How to prepare a dummy cake for covering with sugarpaste
- Learn how to achieve sharp edges on your cakes, a popular trend in wedding and celebration cakes
- Working with levellers, spacers, smoothers and learn how to use dowels and make sure that your cake is level and straight for tiering
- Sugar flowers – you’ll learn to make a modern statement anemone as well beautiful leaves to complement it
- Lace – learn how to apply and work with lace on cakes
- Timings – we will discuss all there is know about timings, especially when it comes to making wedding cakes
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cakes and cake decorating
Further information: All equipment and materials are included in the class. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day. We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation! Please note our classes are adult classes, the minimum age for students in the classes is 16 years old unless stated otherwise
Please check your diary – refunds or transfers are not available once payment is made. For further information please view our terms and conditions.