Starting a cake business from home class: Have you ever wanted to ditch the 9 to 5 to start your own cake business, been made redundant and want to take this opportunity to start something up or have you started already and looking for help and advice? This class will guide you through all there is know about starting your cake business from home.
After being made redundant from her marketing and PR job, Nathalie set up Rock Bakehouse and has a wealth of experience on starting out, running and growing a business successfully.
For further information and details about next class dates click here.
We will cover:
- Getting started – what you need to do before starting out
- Food safety and hygiene– what you need to do to make sure you’re registered correctly
- Setting up a business legally – sole trader, limited, partnership – as well as registering your business
- Websites – how to create one and what you need to consider
- Pricing –we will show you how to price your cakes correctly so that you make your business viable – this is key in your business and something many struggle with
- How to deal to customers, orders and consultations
- Balancing work and home life
- Marketing and social media – how to market your business and use social media
- And other things you’ll need to know to run a successful business
This will be a presentation led question and answer session where you can ask all the questions you like about starting your own business and any worries, concerns or questions you might have. Lunch and cake will be provided as well as water, tea and coffee throughout the day.
The class starts at 10am and will finish at approximately 4.30pm. You’ll also get a worksheet with details of all the information that we covered in the session.
To view the next classes click here
What previous students have said:
“It was a really enjoyable and interesting day. I realised how little I knew but it is good to have a more realistic idea of what is involved in swapping a hobby into a profitable business. Nathalie’s approach is spot on. A very worthwhile day indeed.” Helen
“This course was brilliant. The course covered all the elements that need to be considered when starting up your own cake business from home: pricing, marketing, financing, legal requirements etc. The class size was small, which meant that more attention could be paid to our individual needs, and because the class was very interactive, I felt really engaged and consequently learnt a lot. I would definitely recommend this course.” Amanda
” Just wanted to send a quick note to say how much I enjoyed the class. Thank you for sharing the challenges and awards of running a successful cake business. I left with my head full of new ideas and the information with which to explore them.” Jenn